“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, June 24, 2010

D9P tutorial

there are many D9P tutorials on the web...
here is my version of one that I did two years ago...
I call it my right twist method....

I used a charm pack...
matched the same design of different colors...

I used a solid color for the centers of each 9 patch...

here are three 9 patches laying side by side...

then each one is cut down the center vertically and then horizontally..
each of the 9 patches now have 4 blocks...
I right twist each block one turn...

then following the photo sew all together for a tablerunner...
I quilted it with loops, hearts, stars, name and date, etc....
I brought the back to the front for self binding...
then I used different decorative stitches to finish the binding!!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice-looking result. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt Caryl, hope you make more of these. I Iove the colors and the right twist---can't stop looking at this! It's perfect for the upcoming July 4th holiday too. Encore!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!