“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, November 27, 2015

Christmas tablemat 12x12

 I finished this little tabletopper last night during halftime of the Aztec basketball game.  The game was way too exciting to do any quilting during the game.  And our Aztecs won in a thriller!

About this Christmas mat...I used four-patches that I had left over from 2011 when I made a mat that was similar but it is bigger.  The four-patches were made from charm squares.  I needed a 12x12 mat for an end table with a Christmas theme.  This could also be used as a candle mat.
The fabric is 12 days of Christmas by Kate Spain.
Closeup photo before I did the hand quilting.  The machine quilting is decorative stitch #332 on my
Bernina at default setting (5.5 x3.2).  The thread is varigated Yuletide by Superior and for the hand quilting I used aurifil 12 wt #5006 (tart finishing set from Fat Quarter Shop).

I am linking to crazy mom quilts finish it up Friday.....
And to Linky Tuesday...Freemotion by the River

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely Christmas mat with an interesting decorative stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than ks Lisa....I like to add a decorative stitch whenever I can and think of it!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful way to use up the scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to save all my fabric scraps and there is always something to make to use them up.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!